Title I Remedial Reading
Students who attend PCM Elementary are eligible to receive Title I funded remedial reading services based on their needs. Title I funding at PCM Elementary is utilized to provide instructional support in the area of reading by highly qualified teachers during the school day.
- Students are identified as needing reading supports and intervention in collaboration with parent and teacher input paired with various data sources collected indicating a need.
- Identified students participate in one-on-one or small group instruction with a certified teacher reading strategist.
- The reading strategist and classroom teachers collaborate to determine what literacy instruction and materials will be used that are matched to the student needs.
- Students will each have an individual goal set that is measured using state approved progress monitoring assessments and criteria (i.e. FastBridge suite of assessments in literacy and expected benchmarks).
- The students will be placed on a schedule to meet regularly with the reading strategists.
- The classroom teacher and reading strategist will collaborate on a regular basis to make data-based decisions about the student's progress.
- Parents will be notified on a regular basis on their child's progress.
Reading skills targeted during intervention may include:
Phonemic Awareness skills
Decoding/Sight Word acquisition
Fluency on grade level reading material
Parent Engagement is essential to student success in learning to read and write. PCM Elementary utilizes a parent compact (see document) and various other forms of parent engagement throughout the course of the school year to educate, share ideas, motivate and receive feedback from parents to partner regarding their child's progress.
If you have any general questions about the services provided by Reading Strategists at PCM or specifically how your child is progressing from those services, please reach out to Ms. Sue Cox or Mrs. Janice Davis, the PCM Elementary Reading Strategists or Mrs. Stephanie Ver Helst, PCM Director of Student Services using the contact information provided.